Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Friends

Good friends.  Really good friends.  True friends.  The real deal.  They don't take the easy way out.  They don't make you think more highly of what you are doing than you ought.  They don't let you off of the hook.  Yet, even when you are "on the hook", you just know that they care.  That right where you are they still love you.  And those kind of friends change lives.  They change my life.
There are a lot of things that I don't do right.  And, a lot that I do right.  I am glad to have friends who help me to discern the difference.  Who wait for me to do the right thing....who believe in me and know that I will.  I like that.
I've got some right things to do.  They won't be easy.  And, like I've said....even those loving friends may need to back off to avoid the fallout.  But I've got to live life.  Not that thinking about what to do isn't good...but it is also necessary to DO.
I've been blessed in life.  No matter where or how my life goes, I have been known by people who have made me a better person.  And that can never be taken away, even if it changes.  That is a gift.  Something I know that others haven't felt.  I am glad to know that I've been in the presence of a few that have taken the time to notice me.  It makes me....better.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.