Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Comfort and Relaxation

A sleep aid can help turn a restless night into a calmer night.  But, taken over a period of time, it causes a sense of lethargy.  It's like it builds up in the system.  So, while the night's sleep is better, the getting up gets harder.  On the other hand, finding ways to be comforted and relax help to sleep better and infuse energy.  Don't get me wrong...I'm not against sleep aids.  I'm just learning that there are other ways to learn to relax too.  Sometimes just having someone around that I know "gets" it and is willing to simply sit with me, helps.  It's like pulling a plug and letting the water out of the tub......all of the stress drains away, leaving me feeling stronger and more relaxed.  It always amazes me how the simplest things bring comfort.
Tonight I vegged in front of the tv with a friend.  It was relaxing and comforting.  No need for stress.  No having to pretend or keep up appearances.  Simple relaxation.  It feeds my hurting heart good, nourishing stuff.  It bolsters my courage.  It helps me to relax so that sleep will come more easily.  So, I am blessed.  By small yet incredibly meaningful, healing things.  I want to always take the time to notice and be thankful for them.  Because they bring me so much hope.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.