Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Up and Dressed

My house if silent.  I am up and dressed.  Feeling good.  Had a glass of wine so that I actually went to sleep last night.  I struggle with using alcohol like that...but after some time of prayer and reflection I decided that it's the same as if I went to my doc and got a prescription for a pill.  I am cautious regarding alcohol.  I've seen the devastating effects.  I do not want to ever fall into thinking that it solves my problems.  I used it to try to stay with my husband for some months.  It worked...but the thing is that it wasn't real.  If I have to drink to stand being with someone then something is really wrong.  But, a little glass of wine to relax a bit is ok.  And, I feel a lot better this morning having had it.  Did I mention that it tasted awful and was left over from an open bottle on Thanksgiving?  Pretty gnarly....definitely more like medicine than pleasure.
I had to log off for awhile.  Husband showed up to sit on the couch with me.  He likes to do that.  I am somehow not supposed to be able to say no.  To have space.
But I am up and dressed.  I am full of life and plans.  Hopes and dreams abound.  Even in the hard stuff.  He was gone last evening to a party for a coworker at a local pub.  That was nice.
This day I'll find things to do.
And I will face once again that I have to say good bye to my boy.  I woke up with a lump in my throat about that.  But he and I will be fine.  And he will grow stronger.  And I will too.
Praying for you.  Hope that you are finding comfort and peace.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.