Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

I'll Get By With A Little Help From My Friends


People who discount how strong women are have never met my friends...
I adore my friends.  I have so many different ones.  Some simply for a season.  Or a purpose.  Some that I will know my whole life.  Others it's like I've known them my whole life.  Some come and go. Others stick.  But my friends are amazing.  They are uplifting.  They are funny.  They are take charge, strong women.  Women who have lived through a lot.  With kindness.  With tender hearts.  But not with weakness.  They are good for me.  They remind me to stand up.  To be kind to me.  To smile.  They remind me that life is so full of meaning.  And fun.  And joy.  And purpose.  And they encourage me.  Believe in me.  Even when I don't.  Or can't.  And I feel the same about them.  I see how amazing they are.  Even when they are feeling beaten down.  I believe in their talents.  I want to hear their dreams.  I will stand beside them.  I will stand in front of them if the arrows get too close.  I will shield their hearts.  I will laugh with them.  Pray for them.  Weep with them.  I am blessed.  Abundantly and preciously.  
My friends don't hear just the words I say.   They hear what I mean.  How dearly God has blessed me.  
Now....we....just.....need.....a.....girl's......week.....in.....Mexico. ;)
Right after I lose this belly fat. hahahhahahahha.
Or not.  Nobody would care.  We'd just laugh harder.  
grace to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.