Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy


On the last night before His crucifixion, Christ taught His disciples many vital principles. At one point, He said, “These things have I spoken unto you, that My joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full” (John 15:11).
On the same occasion, Christ, knowing the disciples would sorrow at His death, added, “But your sorrow shall be turned into joy...and your joy no man takes from you” (16:2022).

There's this part of my brain and heart that are vibrating with the renewed  knowledge that I was created to live, breathe and live JOYFULLY!  Abundantly!!  It feels like I have been being held under water just getting a breath now and then....and suddenly there is this immense hope that I will be able to BREATHE.  To live the life that I was given with joy.  To revel in the goodness of the Father who loves me.  To immerse myself in what I am uniquely created to do and be.  
I don't mind troubles.  I understand troubles are a part of life.  But, this marriage of mine has been like a thief that stole away the hope of simply being happy in life....or of even having the expectation.  Why my husband seems to feel like it's evil or ungodly, I'll never understand.  I have tried.  I like to LAUGH.  I like to LOVE.  I like to SING.  I like to DANCE.  I like to BE.  
So...here's to joy.  To life abundantly.  To hope.  
with love. grace


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.