Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, November 5, 2012

A Friend

I have friends.  Some have come and gone.  Some have stayed.  Some show up or chat or talk if I contact them.  They are all sizes and shapes.  They have different personalities.  I adore my friends.  Old and newer.  But I have one friend.  A God gift friend.  The kind of friend that God has used to show His hands, His compassion, His humor.  I have been blessed.  And when I am having a pity party, I try to remember how having such a friend has been a gift that some people never have.  God knew my need.  He knew for always how I am not a big group person.
She is not like me.  She is one of those nice, likable people.  People flock to be near her.
She is kind.  She is patient.  She is....fun.  Downright fun.  She's real.  She's totally imperfect.  I have spent many times wishing that I could have such an easy personality.  But, in recent times, I have stopped.  I have actually found that I like who I am.  That I am also a friend to myself.  Not the person that everyone flocks to....but, I have my own things that I know I have.
I intend to learn to be a friend.  A real friend.  Not one that makes them all happy....but who cares with a deep heart.  Who loves and is loyal.  Who is kind.  Even in truthful.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.