Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday

It is my son's 18th birthday today.  I want him to get to have over the friends he wants to tonight.  I want to clean and make it good.  But you know, he doesn't even help at all during the week and yesterday...the day I had to work while all of the kids were home?  Oh my.  Seriously.  It's a wreck.  And normally I could just push through and get it all nice...but wow.  I need to get my leg rested too.  And maybe a part of me just doesn't want to.  Is tired of fixing it for everyone.  Is tired of fighting this particular battle.  I am weary of trying to plug the holes in the dam...or hold back the avalanche....I've been doing it for so many years.  I don't want to.  I just want them to "get" it.  To have compassion.  Every single one said, " I didn't really make a mess."  Really.  Every one.  I'm stunned.  I clean up the sugar that they powder the counters with.  The drink cups from cocoa, tea and honey, juice or milk....that are often stuck to the counter.  I scoop the cereal out of the bowls.  I pick up the trash off of the floor.  I load the dishwasher every morning and clean the counters.  Usually I wash the pans as well.  Yesterday, I didn't do that.  Three teens at home...you'd think that they could do something, right?
I really need order in my home.  It's just like holding back waves.  My kids are simply at that place.  And I am simply so done with fighting.  I want to ask. I don't want to have to keep telling again and again.  If they do something once a week, it's big news.  My daughter may unload the dishwasher each day.  And it makes her feel like she is the queen.  Stresses me.  Want to be grateful...and I want to say, "guys, look around, it's only four of us and I clean up in the morning before I go and on the weekends."
So, here I am.  Leg up.  Hurts.  Knowing that I have to get up.  Tried of using all of my energy just to get back to the basics.  Frustrated.  Very.  But, it is what it is.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.