Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Taking Time

I'm taking the next two days off of work.  I love my job.  I love going there.  I just need a little bit of time to put some things in order.  To feel not so overwhelmed.  So, I'm going to try something new and different for me....I'm going to listen to that cry of my heart and do it.  I am a dedicated employee and I like getting things done well.  But, I feel like I'll be able to do that better if I take some time and get my home and self in order.  I have the time, so I'm going to take it.
Because I need to learn to relax.  To not worry about what people feel about me.  To not try so hard.  And God truly knows that I am trying SO hard.  I don't want to change from one place that I lived trying to please to another.  I want to really live.  I want to enjoy.  I want freedom....not a new master.
So, yes, I'm taking time.  Taking a breath.
It's a lot of work to do so.  I don't like having a sub.  It's a LOT of preparation.  But....I'm going to do it anyway.  Because when I decided, it is like a weight lifted.  That let me know how important it is to listen to myself.  To do what I need sometimes.  It'll be good.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.