Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Kick Her to the Curb

I was given some friendly advice on one of my blogs.  I was encouraged to "kick her to the curb".  You know, that friend that I have let down.  Well, that's not really my style.  Yet, the fact that someone wrote that really did make me smile this morning.  It made me feel like maybe I could get past it.  I can't or won't kick her to the curb.  She's kind of one of those people you just love and want to know. She has her own stuff and own hurts.  I am not unaware of that.  I just need so desperately to get to be seen right now.  Understood.  Heard.  I can't compete.  I don't want to.  I spent too many years trying to love someone whose whole life revolves around competing.
But somehow, this morning, the memory of kick her to the curb makes me feel stronger.  It reminds me that I have choices...and my first choice is in how I choose to feel about someone.  And how I choose to allow how they feel about me to make me feel.
Deep breath.
It has been a rough week.  My yeg hurts.  I was up this morning, but the heating pad called to me and I'm elevated again.  It does help the pain.  But...makes me feel lazy.  Oh well, I guess.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.