Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Preparation

Lesson plans are written.  Bills are all paid.  Pretty sure.  Doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room, but a little bit.  So, enough to eat and be ok.  That's all I've ever longed for.  I like vacations...but God has always just worked that out.  Beyond that, I'm easily contented with food.  Don't need a lot put away.  Though, I guess that I need to be more responsible about that now.  Just in case?  I've always kind of figured that God has the just in cases covered.
Anyway, I am prepared to have a sub which is huge!  I have to go in and clean up my room, but then, I have two days off.  A four day weekend.  Then, less than two weeks until Thanksgiving.  It's going to go very fast.
I have no plans for Thanksgiving for my kids.  I have nothing to offer them as far as company.  That makes it hard on me.  Between that and Sundays where they are never invited anywhere anymore...well, I feel sad about that.  Like I should be doing better by them.  But, others have to be given time to adjust.  And while I hurt for my children, I have to let them walk through their pain.  I have to be with them.  But, I can't fix it so that people will ask or be kinder or more inclusive....because my kids see right through fake.  That's tough.  But it's reality.  I think that this is one of the reasons that I needed some time off.  To just put my heart at rest for awhile.  Maybe eat with a friend.  I don't know what it will look like, but I do know that sometimes I need to give myself time to process.
Happiest of Sundays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.