Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday Morning

I awake this morning full of more courage.  Again filled.  Taking the little jaunt outside my cave yesterday did my heart good.  Though I feel badly about jaunting around those that it may hurt.  I find that it strengthened me to have said what I did.  To have simply not ignored the fact that I wasn't ok.
I know what direction I need to go.  I know who I want to be.  He stole some things.  But he didn't steal who I am.  She's still there.  Awaiting her debut.  Excited.  And afraid.  Hopeful.  Wondering.  But, no matter what he said or did.....that is not who I am.  No matter the dreams he crushed nor the beliefs he held....no matter how he behaves in the now.  I still have the right to be me.  Without being beat up about it.
I can smile.  Cook.  Rest.  I can dance.  I can sing.  I can be who I am.  I can speak.  Though that is really hard for me.  I am allowed.  I can be relaxed and let people sometimes feel badly.  Or dislike me. It's ok.  Though...right now, it's not.....it WILL be.  I am strong.  I am contagiously fun.  I have great abilities.  I've got it.  I can do it again.  For me.  For my true self is worth letting out.  Even if some cringe.  Even if along the way it's awkward.  Even if it means being in a cave until it feels safe enough.
I'm ok.  It's Sunday.  It's almost Thanksgiving.  I'm ok.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.