Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

I am thankful.  For so many things.  Most of which are not things at all.  I am thankful that God is and has been a husband to me.  I prayed over my dishwasher this morning after I got the control panel damp and now it doesn't want to run.  Go figure.  But....I am not stressed by it.  It will all be just fine. No problem whatsoever.  Because somehow, peace entered my heart when I entered this new stage of my life.  And though I struggle deeply and greatly....at the core, there is a deep and resounding peace.
I am thankful that I have heat.  And lights.  That I have kids that laugh.  I am thankful for thinking.  For food.  For clothes.  For pictures.  I am thankful for hope.  For joy.  For laughter.  For silliness.  I am thankful for depth and sharing.  I am thankful.  Not just with this list.  But in the center of my very being.  I AM thankful....not, I am acting thankful.  This is a new time of life.
And...I just nearly invited the ex.  Just couldn't yet.  But one day, I will be free.  Truly free.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.