Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

a husband to me

today i wanted to say how thankful i am for god being a husband to me.  every need.  even the plumbing...really.  that dishwasher did work.  it did work after it wasn't.  he gave me insight and good ideas.  god took care of me..and while it wasn't working, he gave me peace that even if it didn't work, the day would still be fine.
it was a long day for my body.  but beautiful for my heart.  to see my kids.  to see my son.  come out. be with.
i did the hard things.  i prayed at the table.  i wanted to pass it off.....awkward.  but i did it.
i was brave.
nobody else probably even knew.  knew that i had to give all i had today.  nobody else was aware of how thankful i was for a god who would be as a husband to me.
i am not outgoing.  doing this is big.  i love being hospitable.  love people having a place.  but, i am not an entertainer by any means.
i hope that it was a good day for people.  that their heart needs were met.  and food needs. ;)
it was big for me.  knowing that god will meet me in such a wondrous way.  twas good.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.