Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Morning

I am enjoying being off work.  Though I love my job.  I love waking up in the morning and knowing that I can get things done, be with people AND still get to rest.
I relish the moments of time to think.  The quiet of the mornings.  The time to reflect.  Though I am often up late...it is with no fear.  Because I can rest later.  Or take a nap.  Or simply be tired.  It is so simple to be home.  In some ways.
But mornings that I go to my job...they are delightful as well.  Full of purpose.  Full of little lives.  They are days that are planned out.  That go by quickly.
Though I like to stay up late.  I don't do it when I'm going to work.  Well, not often.  Because my job takes every ounce of strength, creativity, alertness and humor that I have.  It's truly work.  Though it's fun.
But no matter what, what I love is how I get to have a mixture of kinds of days.  Those with going to work plans and those with rest and relax plans.  I think the biggest of blessing of all is not to always work and not to always be off of work.  It is to have work but also get time off.
So...teaching suits me.  Well.  Beautifully.
And in the morning, after being up until after two and arising before 7....it's nice to have time to be thankful for that.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.