Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Wheel of Healthy

I feel like I'm on a wheel that keeps turning regarding how to get myself healthy...physically I'm talking right now.  I know what I need.  I know that healthy foods are natural.  That the whole foods store is much better than the regular grocery.  I can tell by how my body responds.  I know that processed crappy food makes me feel badly.  I know that my body has suffered enough and needs my TLC.  But sometimes, in the depressed parts, it's all I can do to walk that direction.  To do what I know is good for me.  I mean, I feel pretty good about myself when I get up and get out of bed.  It's hard to keep making good choices.  But I'm trying.  Day by day.  A little at a time.
Ginger.  Curry.  Vitamins.  Nuts.  Berries.  Avocadoes.  Organic meat.  Good teas.  I'm trying.  Because I know that food is healing.  That nutrition causes cell growth.  I know I need it.  It's just hard not to make up a box of mac and cheese and call it good.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.