Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Little Victories

It seems like I spent my married life never feeling victorious.  What's so sad about that is that I am a person who likes to encourage.  To celebrate the little victories with others.  But I felt alone for so many years.  I felt as if I was not worthy to be celebrated.  I felt....insignificant.
Little victories.  Little moments.  They are the things that make up the whole.  Each journey is made of many small hills and valleys.  Celebrating need not be done only at the end, but rather, along the way.
Sometimes, I forget to celebrate me.  The little things that I am accomplishing.  Like getting up.  Or managing to make dinner.  Or do the dishes.  Or sit and visit.  Seem unworthy of celebrating?  Well, if you knew how hard each one is for me right now, you might think otherwise.  I keep going.  I have courage.  I am faithful.
Celebrate.  Me.  Not perfect.  Not always even strong.  But trying.  Moving.  Growing.  And yes, celebrating.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.