Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Living in Truth

I was avoiding my exes stuff about my son's birthday a couple of weekends ago.  But, I felt compelled to tell my son that I was sorry that his dad hadn't given him a birthday gift and that he had sent his card via his brother.  He said, "yea, and he took my brother out for Chinese on my birthday.  But my brother did invite me on his way out...that was nice of him."  He was hurt but not horribly.  He's ok.  That's a good thing.  But, he did notice.  I'm glad that I addressed it.  Also talked about his trip.  He is fairly confident that he won't get grilled because they will want him to come visit again.  I hope so.  I want it to be a lovely Christmas for the kids.  I would sure hate to give up time with them and have it be less than wonderful.
Living in truth.  Not in what we are pretending.  Not in what we wish was.  Truth.  Pure and simple.  It's a hard time.  Yep.  That's right.  And we will make it through.  It's true.  Yep.  It is.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.