Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, November 9, 2012

Giving Space

I am actively pursuing and learning how to give space these days.  I am learning that if people need it then I should give it.  And I'm learning that if they don't want to give to me then maybe it's not what I thought it was.  I'm learning to try to step away a bit.  And it's hard.  Because this is in the midst of my hardest times.
My body.  My emotions.  My spirit.  My strength.  All stretched thin.  And yet it still mean that I have to see others too.
And sometimes others just want to be away from me.  To have their own stuff and own space.  And maybe in this time they just need to be away from my stuff.  It's so much.
So, I swallow and I stand up tall and I go through one day at a time.  Blessing in my heart those around me.  Not cursing nor resenting.  Occasionally hurt, but learning.  Let go.  Let them be.  Don't be clingy.  Don't make them deal with my neediness.  Those who want to.....will.  Those who don't, don't deserve guilt for it.  They deserve the freedom to live as they choose.
I'm learning.  I'll get better at it.  Eventually.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.