Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ad

Was reading Craigslist this morning.  A man advertised sunflowers to take...for free...for drying or bouquets.  All sorts.  Feel free to take the stalk if you'd like.  It was such a giving ad.  Every little way that he worded it said, FREE, NO STRINGS, HELP YOURSELF.  It was simply beautiful.  In a way that is often not seen.
It seems like everyone is trying to get something these days.  I can't believe the things that people are trying to sell....a couch from the 80's that needs "arm and seat repair" for $150.  It's crazy.  But though some things have very little value, a person gives them value because of ownership.  It's mine and therefore you will have to pay for it.
Unfortunately this belief system isn't just on Craigslist.  It is a part of our culture.  Part of how we "share" Jesus.  Part of how we "share" ourselves.  I want to be like the man who wrote the sunflower ad.  Clear on the fact that Jesus is free and that I don't need to keep any part of Him from you.  Clear that my life is to share....not that I never say no, but that you don't "owe me" for being kind or for seeing you or for caring.
Open hands are a beautiful thing.  I think about all of those who shared on that September 11, 2001....and I wonder.....how come the "feeling" was so short lived?  Wouldn't it be a wonderful lifestyle to maintain?
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.