Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Getting Older

I am happy to be getting older.  And, I am disappointed. Not that I didn't teach all of those years.  Not that I stayed home with my kids.  Not that I got married.  Not that I am aging.  I am disappointed because I forgot the most important lessons that I learned when I was a child.  I forgot to take care of myself.  To be safe.  I had to learn that so young.  I would have thought that it would be second nature.  But, I worked hard in my life to truly grow and learn and to trust.  I worked on trusting God...and I found Him trustworthy, so I was more able to trust.  I never really looked at Him as a father figure back then...father figures only work when your own father was caring and there for you.  But, I viewed Him as the One who cared for me.  That would always be there. 
I am disappointed that I forgot the basic rule of loving myself.  I am learning again.  But, I still struggle.  Because I am older, there are some places that won't hire me.  Some people who view me as too old.  I spent so much time living for someone else.  I should have seen it. 
I'm getting older.  I like older.  Helps me to see more clearly, ironically.  As my physical vision goes, my life vision grows.  It's a good thing.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.