Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Rest in Peace

Nah, I didn't die.  Just kinda tired and thinking about Ps.4:8....about lying down and sleeping in peace.  Knowing that I am cared for.  My sense of well being has increased.  Not that anything has changed.  Chatted with facebook with a friend and she reminded me again to not walk alone.  To let people in.  She knows me.  I don't know how after all of these years.  It's a little bit strange.  I told her that I talked last night...then I amended, "texted' and she laughed at me.  Baby steps.  Gotta start somewhere. 
I have candles lit.  The cat in a chair.  The chihuahua snuggled up here.  The big dog curled in a ball.  Kids laughing.  And, no husband at home at the moment.  So relieved.  I know he'll come, but for this time, it's very nice.
I need to set some more self care goals.  It's easy to forget.  Easy to let it slide. Mostly, I have to learn how to not freak out at questions.  Have to learn to let the people who love me....actually love me. One thing that has happened is that today I finally realized that I can be a mess and not alone.  Not regularly, I hope.  I like happiness and positiveness and peacefulness too much for that....but, when I am that way, I need to quit hiding out.  Need to be careful who I tell, but after choosing wisely, I need to allow myself that privilege.  Without massive guilt.  That's what I'm going to do for myself.  So that I can rest in peace.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.