Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dinner

The four of us cooked.  Each took a part.  Ate together.  Shared the goods and bads of our day.  Being with them changed the best part of my day to that very moment of being with them.  Hearing them.  I was so glad he didn't come home.  I can barely get my one son to come when he's around.  To interact.  To share.  To even look up.  But, we just sat and chatted and enjoyed one another.  Cleaned up.  All done.  All doing different things....boys setting up the room now that it's only the two of them.  Kind of excited about that.  Daughter hit the shower right away.  My "loves to be in jammies" girl.  Me, I am writing.  That's the thing about working that is tough.  No time to write. ;)  But hey, a paycheck is a very good thing. 
Then, I clicked onto facebook and there was a relationship request.  Really???  I am not 15.  I'm not going to do the "so and so" is in a relationship with"so and so."  Well, I could choose "it's complicated," but that would make him mad and everyone else curious. No, Not so gung ho about displaying such on facebook. 
But dinner...sustenance...it had a lot less to do with the food than with the time together.  They are wonderful people to be with.  Their being in my life is like nourishment.  So fulfilling.  Even on thehard days. 
Dinner was wonderful.  And the food was pretty good too.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.