Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

In the Early Morning

I awake early. Wait to hear my son leaving.  Oh.  Oops.  He left.  For his own place to live.  Guess it'll take time to adjust my schedule.  Strangely, he always got himself up and was very quiet.  He didn't change my schedule on purpose.  It's just that he's part of my heart.  Part of my life.  Awakening on the days that he needed to go to work early just happened.  I never once had to wake him up.  Never once had to rush him.  He has done it on his own.  His own thing to be proud of. 
In this early morning I am reflecting how kids need things to be proud of.  That are theirs.  That they decided and accomplished.  Something that they own.  That no adult or other person gets the credit for.
I like the early mornings.  Especially when I don't have to get up!  That's my favorite.  However, today is a school day AND a work day....and a cross country day for my beautiful three.  So, I better get moving. 
In the early morning.  In the quiet.  I hear His voice.  It's important to me.  Easy to get caught up the rest of the day in the voices that hurt.  But in this morning time, He comes in loud and clear....even in His whisper. 
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.