Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I am praying to you because I know you will answer,

I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray. PS 17:6
I love this confidence.  It reminds me of a small child pulling my head down to hear him better.  Wanting me to listen to the tiny, yet significant event that has captured his mind at the moment.  And....how by my listening, he is comforted and filled up.
What a beautiful image.  What a thought for my day.  It encourages me.  Funny how He is found by us...only by us seeking.  We don't have to be master lookers either.  He longs to be found.  To comfort.  To be there.  He is there. It's easy for me to see how that is true for others.  It used to be easier for me.  I grew up knowing that He was the one "person" I could count on.  It was hard to believe that He loved me, hard to understand what that love could look like, but believe it I did.  It took a lot to make me begin to feel that it was for others.  That if I couldn't make something work then I didn't deserve.  I have to keep on remembering.....I didn't deserve back then.  I won't deserve in the future.  I just am.  And that's just fine with Him.  Just as I am.  No bargaining.  No fixing up.  Leaning down.  Listening.  To me.  Simply wonderful.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.