Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Please Remember

Please remember: If you're not being treated with love and respect, check your price tag. Perhaps you have marked yourself down. It's YOU who tells people what you're worth by what you accept. Get off the clearance rack and get behind the glass where they keep the valuables! LEARN to value yourself more! If you don't, no one else will!  A friend of mine posted this on this wonderful, very fallish, Saturday.  I need the reminder.  About ten times a day.  Thought maybe you could use it too.
How easy it is to minimize my worth.  Easier than demanding the full price.  I feel like crumbling under the scrutiny of others......instead of just shining.  I've always been introspective, but I haven't always used it against myself.  I was never a second guesser.  I was great at deciding and doing.  Now it's like breathing in water...it is possible, with the right equipment, but it takes a lot more planning.  I just want to value myself and my ideas and my dreams....because if I don't, nobody will.  However, when I did, one person didn't and it destroyed me.  How did that work?  Bottom line.....I allowed him to.  I allowed him to determine my worth and my thoughts about myself.  I thought that I could trust him with me.  I was wrong.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.