Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Open Mouth. Insert Foot.

There are times that I think that I should just have a mouthectomy.  It's a couple of problems, really.  One, I can simply just say what I should not.  Whether it's rude or mean or whatever.  Or, I can think that I'm saying what I mean but it is received in a totally different manner.  I must learn to think more.  I try to.  I think that my mind is really struggling with so much right now that perhaps I am not doing a very good job of filtering.  Of being careful to be kind.  Of being wise.  Not sure exactly what it is, but I seem to be on a roll this last week.
Maybe it's the pendulum swinging.  Don't share at all to share too much....and hopefully, eventually, it will end up balanced again.  I want to be balanced. :)
Strangely, as I've entered a time of wanting to try not to apologize so much, I find myself with genuine reasons to truly apologize.  So, I guess I should amend my goal...don't apologize for simply "being".  I should still apologize for being obtuse, unkind or completely dense. 
Hope that you are remembering that you are prayed for.  Thought about.  Though I do not know your names.  Though I do not know your stories.  I care.  Because I know that if you come here to read...then you are hurting and trying to find others who understand.  Be blessed.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.