Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Still Cold

I keep thinking that I'm going to get past this coldness.  I had on three layers and a jean jacket today.  It doesn't take away the chilled feeling.  I can focus on what is good.  I can look for excellence.  I can praise.  But, the bottom line is that it's all still messed up.  And I'm worn out from being cold.  From fearing being home.  I just want to get myself a bed and put it in my room.
Today, at church, someone that had asked me last week about coming to the next couples retreat that my husband's men's group plans........and I said it wasn't going to happen.  I didn't go into details or anything, but I was pretty forward.  Today she wouldn't even look at me.  I am an outsider.  What a shame.  I tried to be honest yet kind.  Didn't work out so well. But, though that hurt, at  least I tried.
It's a hard place to be.  It would be easier to conform.  I read a thing that christians don't want true unity...they want conformity disguised as unity.  If I don't conform I will walk alone.  If I do conform, I won't be able to walk at all.  The answer is clear, but that doesn't make it any easier.
I'm tired.  Worn out.  Emotionally.  Need to vent.  Wish I had a mama.  You know, one who would rant and rave about how awful this is and how I deserve better.  Ha.  That made me smile.  Not gonna happen.  But, it's fun to imagine.
grace to you


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.