Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Angel Wings

One day this last summer, while doing a "Simon Says" type of activity with my third grade students, I came to a horrifying realization:  parts of my arm were wiggling and gyrating seemingly independently from the rest of my arm.  My biceps seem to have gone to the down under.  Jiggle jiggle.  Wiggle wiggle.  Like a jello dance routine.  Embarrassing.  Horrifying.  Shocking.
I'm soooo....young?  Don't ask my kids...to them, my years put me one nail away from a buried coffin. 
But, they are my wings.  I have earned them over the years.  Every baby.  Every late night.  Every moment.  Every memory.  I earned these wings.  My angel wings.  To fly my children to safety on the breath of a prayer. To swoop and carry them when they are sick or tired.  To cover them when they are afraid.  To fight off evil and evildoers.  These wings may bring giggles or jokes, but they are a part of aging that can remind me of who I am.  Of what I am capable of. Of prayer.  Protection.  Flying.  Growing.  I am in a new place in life.....I've finally earned my wings.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.