Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Little Milestones

I made it through this evening in my house with my husband home.  Of course, he got home close to 8 and it is just past 9:30....and, I nearly had a panic attack.  And I did not stay in the same room  And I did talk pleasantly when I would walk through.  And I do have a horrible stomach ache now.  And I did feign tiredness to turn out the lights and "head toward bed".....but, I didn't run away, so that's something. 
Or maybe not. 
A marital sabbatical.  Yep, that's what I need.  Desperately.  I wish without apology.  Every time I think of it, I think, "I'm so sorry that I can't meet your needs and do what I feel like a good wife should do."  Because, I truly am.  However, there is this other much more compelling part....if I don't do this for me, then, eventually, and sooner rather than later, I won't have anything left to share with you.  Or with anyone.  Because I am slowly but surely being erased.  I am disappearing.  I allowed it.  Why??  It seemed like the right thing.  To make peace....blessed are the peacemakers?  But not if it's a lie.  Not at ALL costs.  Not if it involves giving up any sense of the dignity that God has bestowed upon me.  It took me a long time to be able to say that. 
I do want to be forgiving.  I do want to be loving.  Full of grace.  In the experience which I am living, I am not allowed to be me....so, I never really know who I am.  I just have had a ROLE to play.  What I need is a life to live.  A purpose.  God given, not person driven.  Tired of being driven.
A sabbatical.  hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.