Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Out of Control...and Liking it?

Some years have taught me about being salt and light.  Some have taught me about how to study and  "show myself approved."  Still others the lessons have been more about resting.  Or working.  Or giving.  Or learning to be still.  Or silent. (ha, yeah, that one comes up a time or two...)  But this year, these last months, have been all about control.  About not having to be in control.  About allowing life to come and not having to get it all organized and neat.  About not trying to be in control by hiding truth, but rather embracing truth and reality.  It's easier to make life look good if it looks like I've got it all handled.  But I don't.  I don't think anyone does.  So, giving up the illusion of control has been a sweet relief.  It has lightened my load.  Made days easier to face.  I am not in charge.  God is.  And He won't be needing my help to keep the world on its axis.  He has it handled.  All of it.  I LIKE it.  This is what freedom is.  The release from the bondage of having to make things happen.  Of having to be sure that everyone is ok.  They are ok.  He is sure of it.  Maybe some circumstances are troubling them, but none of it has surprised God. 
Yes, being out of control means learning how to rest.  I have actually enjoyed this lesson....though not the many things that come along that truly are out of my control....
Now on to more lessons.  And more leaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.